The main objective of the module is to outline major aspects of the international maritime legal environment in relation to MIO.
Additional areas covered:
- United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS).
- Suppression of Unlawful Acts at Sea Convention (SUA).
- Customary Law and UNSCR’s.
Objectives: Upon completion trainees will be able to:
- Identifie Inernational Law of The Sea basic texts and consepts.
- Analyze major international maritime legal definitions (Sovereignty, High Seas Freedoms, MIO, Flag State, Open Registries, Universal Crimes/Jurisdiction).
- Interprete the data contained in real cases worldwide on a legal basis.
The duration of the module is 4 training hours.