The Education and Training (E&T) Directorate is responsible for planning and executing all training activities required to accomplish the NMIOTC mission – to conduct the combined training necessary for NATO forces and Partners to improve execution of surface, subsurface, aerial surveillance and special operations activities in support of Maritime Interdiction Operations (MIO).
The Directorate is lead and managed by a Hellenic Navy OF-4.
1. Maritime Interdiction & Visit, Board, Search and Seizure Capacity Building
2. Preservation of Navigation Freedom
3. Fight against Terrorism
4. Fight against Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons and Other Weapons of Mass Destruction
5. Managing Interdiction & Illicit Trafficking at Sea
6. Counter Hybrid and Cyber Threats in Maritime Domain
7. Maritime Defense Capacity Building
8. Maritime Medical Response
9. Enhance Training Capabilities