Description: Trainees will focus on Best Management Practices (BMP) version 5 and discuss Tactical considerations for Boarding Teams and Vessel Protection Detachments (VPDs).
Objectives: Trainees will interpret the anti-piracy measures from a military perspective by:
- Describing the recommended anti-piracy & armed robbery at sea measures for the merchant shipping.
- Outlining the reporting procedure in high risk areas.
- Explaining the requirements and procedures in case of military intervention.
- Describe characteristics and use of citadel in merchant shipping.
- Explaining the recommendations in case if pirates take control.
The duration of the module is 1 training hour.