All participants will interact and contribute to the operational/field level radiological emergency preparedness and response Capstone Exercise by:
- Working in a Command and Control, radiological search, and scientific spectroscopy teams;
- Independently operating DOE/NNSA radiological equipment for search, identification, and characterization;
- Enhancing their understanding of radiological maritime search, identification, characterization methods, concepts, rigging operations, CONOP development, and best operational mission planning practices for a radiological response;
- Operationalizing and understand radiological threats, assessments, and potential exposure risks of various radiological material(s) in a maritime environment;
- Coordinating radiological maritime search operations;
- Conducting AAR and Lessons Learned back-briefs to the courses members.
The duration of the module is 1 training day.