Theoretical lecture is aimed in providing common terminology and basic standards including:
– concepts of radiation and radiological materials including terms and scientific definitions;
– types of radiological materials (medical and industrial);
– dose and exposure and key associated radiological terms, concepts, and definitions;
– natural and ionizing radiation associated with risk factors in natural and maritime environments;
– IAEA standards and safety considerations (guidelines and limits);
– radiation injuries/sickness with corresponding case studies;
– radiation safety and protection (time, distance, and shielding).
The duration of the module is 3 training hours.