Description: The main objective of the module is to understand and apply the basic management plan in a tactical setting by using the latest TCCC acronym steps during Tactical Field Care (TFC).
Additional areas covered:
- Describe the procedure for documenting TCCC care with the TCCC Casualty Card.
- Illustrate battlefield assessment for hemorrhagic shock.
Objectives: Upon completion students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the correct application of a CoTCCC-recommended hemostatic dressing.
- Describe airway management techniques.
- Explain the management of penetrating eye injuries in TCCC.
- Discuss the importance of giving antibiotics soon after a casualty is wounded.
- Address hypothermia prevention methods in combat casualties.
The duration of the module is 7 training hours.