Description: The core objective provides remedial assistance and assists casualties to take cover during Care under Fire (CUF) phase.
Additional areas covered:
- Describe the role of firepower supremacy in the prevention of combat trauma.
- Explain the rationale for early use of a limb tourniquet to control life-threatening extremity bleeding during Care Under Fire.
Objectives: Upon completion students will be able to:
- Recall the basic principles for providing medical care under fire.
- Apply techniques that can be used to quickly move casualties to cover while the unit is engaged in a firefight
- Demonstrate the appropriate application of a CoTCCC-recommended limb tourniquet on an arm and a leg.
The duration of the module is 2 training hours.