Description: The main objective of the module is to Perform Tactical Evacuation (TACEVAC) by using the appropriate equipment and assets in confined spaces and in support of maritime operations.
Additional areas covered:
- Know the importance and the methods of documenting casualty care in TCCC.
- Discuss the importance and the methods of documenting casualty care in TCCC.
- Allocate medical equipment in case that conventional medical resources/means are not sufficient (i.e. triage).
- Identify the procedures for setting up and running casualty collection points (CCPs)
- Discuss the management of moderate/severe TBI during tactical evacuation
Objectives: Upon completion students should:
- Execute casualty evacuation with stretchers, RHIBs and other available maritime assets during Tactical Evacuation Care (TEC).
- Perform 9-liner MEDEVAC/CASEVAC request form.
- Implement TACEVAC in groups under low/no light conditions (Night Training).
- Identify the importance and techniques of communicating casualty information with evacuation assets or receiving facilities
The duration of the module is 10 training hours.