Description: The main objective is to show the basic management plan in TFC while applying emergency medical assistance based on latest guidelines for tactical trauma assessment sequence.
Additional areas covered:
- Introduce triage casualties as required.
- Prioritize a Tactical Trauma Casualty Assessment.
- Identify the importance of disarming and securing communications gear of a casualty with altered mental status.
- Discuss the importance and techniques of communication with a casualty and unit leadership in Tactical Field Care
- Identify the importance and methods of documenting casualty care in TCCC.
Objectives: Upon completion students will be able to:
- Recall the necessary actions from treating massive hemorrhage, preventing hypothermia to administrating antibiotics e.t.c..
- Prepare documentation of care in Tactical Field Care.
- Communicate combat casualty care items effectively in Tactical Field Care.
- Perform 9-line MEDEVAC request.
- Describe the preparation of a casualty for evacuation in Tactical Field Care.
The duration of the module is 6 training hours