Description: The main objective of the module is to understand the basic principles and actions appropriate in caring for casualties in the Care Under Fire phase.
Additional areas covered:
- Evaluate participants on taking critical decisions at the point of injury while being under fire.
- Demonstrate techniques that can be used to quickly move casualties to cover while the unit is engaged in a firefight.
Objectives: Upon completion students will be able to:
- Describe the role of firepower supremacy in the prevention of combat trauma.
- Implement a holistic approach of treating a casualty in a hostile environment (particularly under fire).
- Recognize life-threatening bleeding in the tactical combat setting and apply the recommended tourniquet to the limb.
The duration of the module is 7 training hours.