Description: The module’s main objective is to provide forensic evidence collection opera tors with the knowledge necessary to success fully conduct basic collection of different DNA samples. During the module, the trainees will gain theoretical knowledge and practical skills in:
- Basic terms of DNA sample collection;
- Fundamental rules to be followed while conducting DNA evidence collection;
- Proper techniques used to identify, collect and document DNA evidence.
Objectives: Upon completion of the course, the trainees will be able to:
- Describe the fundamentals of DNA evidence collection
- Apply correct techniques for collection of wet DNA samples
- Apply correct techniques for collection of dry DNA samples
- Understand the tasks conducted during DNA evidence collection and their sequence
- Understand the procedures conducted IOT avoid DNA sample contamination
- Understand how latent DNA samples may be found and efficiently collected.
The duration of the module is 1 training hour (1h of theoretical training and practical training on the training platform).