Description: Provide a concise overview of precursor materials, identification criteria and their relevance to MIO.
Additional areas covered:
- Common precursors – main charges and initiators.
- Basic Explosive Chemistry.
- Home Made Explosives (HME).
- Program Global Shield.
Objectives: Upon completion students will be able to:
- Understand the Programme Global Shield.
- Gain basic awareness of HME (Mixture, Compounds).
- Understand the usage of HME in IEDs.
- Exercise safe handling and evidence submission techniques in find situations.
The duration of the module is 1 training hour.