Description: Provide a concise overview of IED components, the identification criteria, the IED classification and a Water-borne IED (WBIED) introduction.
Additional areas covered:
- IED methods of initiation.
- IED components.
- Suicide devices.
- Maritime devices.
Objectives: Upon completion students will be able to:
- Summarize the Basic IED Make-up/Components of an IED.
- Classify IEDs– by method of initiation.
- Differentiate between common explosive payloads Military Explosive/HME, Incencendiary etc.
- Recognise differences between WBIEDs and land used
- Explain the technical advantages and disadvantages of enemy use of WBIEDs.
The duration of the module is 1 training hour.