Description: Trainees will develop an understanding of appropriate general theoretical knowledge and historical facts referring to the current situation of piracy.
Specific Objectives: Students will explain the historical background of piracy by:
- Explaining the historical evolution of the piracy phenomenon.
- Recalling main terms and definitions related to piracy.
- Describing political and economical factors affecting piracy.
- Describing the implications of piracy on the international community.
- Describing the international community response to piracy.
The duration of the module is 1 training hour.