Description: The module’s main objectives are:
- To provide the Command Team with knowledge on current policy, procedures, and trends in the field of NATO biometrics.
- To introduce basic knowledge and the understanding of the necessity of proper evidence collection/handling as well as preservation of a crime scene.
Objectives: Upon completion of the course, the trainees will be able to:
- Explain biometrics.
- Describe the biometrics collection process and principles.
- Explain Biometrics Enabled Intelligence.
- Describe Biometrics Enabled Watch List (BEWL).
- List biometrics collection methods and quality requirements.
- Comprehend the importance of evidence collection during MIOs and apply the basic principles.
- Understand the requirement to preserve the crime scene.
The duration of the module is 2 training hours of classroom lectures.