Description: The main objective of the module is to implement the proper medical skills during different phases of TCCC while identifying the urgency for correct treatment of various injuries.
Additional areas covered:
- Demonstrate the appropriate application of CoTCCC recommended medical equipment for effective hemorrhage control.
- Discriminate and stress the importance and implications of using vented and non-vented chest seals.
- Apply methods of tourniquet conversion in Tactical Field Care
- Describe the administration of a rapid field test of visual acuity.
- Identify considerations for cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
Objectives: Upon completion students shall be able to:
- Address the progressive strategies, indications, and limitations of external hemorrhage control techniques in Tactical Field Care
- Present the step by step strategies, warnings and restrictions of airway management techniques in tactical field care.
- Describe the strategy for treating tension pneumothorax.
- Utilize pelvic binding devices in Tactical Field Care to control hemorrhage.
- Complete assessment for shock and proceed accordingly.
- Prevent effectively hypothermia.
- Remember basic principles of analgesia administration.
The duration of the module is 10 training hours.