Description: The main objective of the module is to apply various tactical extraction procedures by using proper mechanisms and available assets from vessels to dedicated medical evacuation assets or any other available assets for TACEVAC.
Additional areas covered:
- Understand the basic principles of moving a casualty.
- Execute drags and carries.
- Recall the basic principles of pulleys, ropes and how to be combined together to create an efficient and effective mechanism.
Objectives: Upon completion students should:
- Demonstrate techniques that can be used to quickly move casualties (i.e. in confined spaces) to cover while the unit is engaged in a fire fight.
- Utilize and prepare the necessary “climbing/descending” mechanism to perform tactical evacuation in case that no air assets are available and the extraction has to be accomplished via maritime assets.
The duration of the module is 2 training hours.